Thread: Boots!?!?

Beginner

Boots!?!?

Me again

Ive been looking into some boots for shooting clays/game trekking fields. I've been switching between some magnum boots and some dunlop wellies both have pros boots are warm but not waterproof. The dunlops are waterproof but are freezing and uncomfortable.

Anyway ive been looking at these know a few people with them that say nothing but good things about them just wondering what everyone else wears when out in the field?

http://rimanco.com/men-s-country-foo...ntry-boot.html

Cheers
    Brodie

Beginner
    Don't know those, but as mentioned on a couple of the other recent boot threads, pair of Le Chameau's or Hunter Balmorals are my usual choice.

Top Gun
    If you're looking for waterproof boots for use when it is really cold- subzero F- I think these are unbeatable:
    http://www.baffin.com/product-p/40001305.htm
    Their only drawback is they are bulky but I've never found a truly warm boot that isn't.
    Regards,
    Bob Hunt

I will never EVER buy a pair of Le Chameau as long as I live. They have sold out, completely dropped the quality and now just cashing in on the old name (when they used to make excellent quality boots). My wife had a pair she used for 5-6 years, very heavy use, brilliant boots. Then boot a newer pair around a year ago. they have completely split, no reason, no damage, hardly used them, kept out of sunlight and kept clean and dry. The worst part is the utterly dishonest and unbelievably insulting customer service who basically claimed they cracked because we didn't buy their "silicon" spray. Nice try sausage, pull the other one. I never used it on the last pair either, and how MANMADE silicon works with NATURAL rubber, hmm, I would like to see the science behind that BS claim. Of course I asked, and of course they ignored the question. 140 down the pan (even more for most pairs). Got less wear from them than we get from a pair of Dunlops at ten to twenty quid.

Funnily enough I asked a few farming and horsey friends (all of whom i have seen wearing Chameaus in the past). ALL of them said exactly the same thing, such as "Load of junk now, better off with cheapies, they are not what they were". Those people suggested Aigles, which I haven't tried yet but will be doing.

Le Chameau are now a cheap boot using the very cheapest materials and don't give a damn about customers or customer service. Be warned, the price is ridiculous even if they were as good as they used to be, but it's verging on criminal with the low quality of their modern boots.

I too won't buy Le chameau as they are first and foremost an overpriced fashion and well to do statement which I personally hate.
    Also I agree that they like many other modern products today are nowhere near as good as they were.
    I was bought a Pair of Aigle Parcours ISO (Neoprene wellies) by Shootinguk as a christmas present 5 years ago (115 but gone up a bit now) and they still look nearly new now when washed. They are without doubt the most comfortable thing I have ever worn on my feet by a mile. The mrs still won't let me wear them in the house though.
    I wear them all through the winter but where they really come into their own is in the snow or mud. They just refuse to slip in mud and snow and your feet are like toast in the snow. They have a special piece of material in the heel that stops them sliding off if you get bogged down in mud and stops your socks sliding down.
    The only thing I can fault them on is that you really don't want them on if the weather warms up as you get very hot and sweaty legs and feet.
    I know many shooters that have them now and they too absolutely love them.

Also it seems like the link you have put up has disappeared.
    Last edited by ROBERT6500; 06-Feb-2018 at 10:19 PM.
    The Original Shootinguk Moderator.
    Resident Coach on Shootinguk.
    Association of Professional Shooting Instructors. (A.P.S.I.)
    C.P.S.A Safety Officer.
    B.A.S.C

Aigle Parcours ISO seem to have the most votes now, although I still have a pair of neoprene-lined Le Chameaus which must be 15 years old and made in the era they were quality boots. I only wear wellies when I know it is going to be very wet and muddy. Favoutite footwear is a pair of leather walking boots, well soaked in Neatsfoot oil. They're a size larger than my shoes, so that I can also wear two pairs of thick woolly socks inside, and they're absolutely 100 per cent waterproof as well as being very comfortable.
    Technical Editor, Sporting Gun

Mike you shouldn't really comment.
    You had a malfunction with your "willies" a few years ago

Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT6500 View Post
    I too won't buy Le chameau as they are first and foremost an overpriced fashion and well to do statement which I personally hate.
    Also I agree that they like many other modern products today are nowhere near as good as they were.
    I was bought a Pair of Aigle Parcours ISO (Neoprene wellies) by Shootinguk as a christmas present 5 years ago (115 but gone up a bit now)
    Also it seems like the link you have put up has disappeared.
    Are these the ones?