Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This is true as i've seen it many times and one time breaking a glass table but also remember to NEVER take the snap caps with you shooting and especially not still in the gun as it causes people to think the gun is still loaded when you open it.
    Seen a few "outbursts" shall we call it in my time.
    Always remember it's not that you know your kit is safe, it's what others need to see and feel safe.
    The Original Shootinguk Moderator.
    Resident Coach on Shootinguk.
    Association of Professional Shooting Instructors. (A.P.S.I.)
    C.P.S.A Safety Officer.
    B.A.S.C

I do not consider it good practice to leave springs under tension.

Yes springs are just that, springy, but they still weaken under pressure. Just take a look at vehicle suspension springs which weaken over time, it happens quicker if the vehicle spends more time loaded.
    Valve springs weaken over time, ask any engine builder and you'll hear that they get measured and weak/shorter ones need replacement.

Relieving spring tension where possible makes sense on just about anything if it's practical to do so.

Top Gun
    So take off the forend open and remove snaps ,refit forend that solves that problem . This has been argued about for the last 120 years so its up to you . But even if you let the hammers down the ejector springs are still under tension .
    Gunmaker by trade.
    Gunsmith by choice.

Presumably less work/cost in replacing ejector springs?
    I know I'd rather have a gun which never fails to fire a cartridge but that doesn't kick them out as far than the opposite.