Will having a SGC speed up a FAC grant

I'm about to apply for an FAC after having my shotgun for a few months. I have land and am a full member of a club but will having the SGC speed up the FAC grant.
    Any input appreciated, thanks.

There's no guarantees but look at it this way:
    You have an SGC. Some checks will be done to make sure that the information the licensing team have on you from your SGC application is up to date, but basically, you're an "OK person" because if you weren't they'd have seized your SGC and shotguns. Any medical stuff may slow this down considerably, of course, but if not, the FAC should be a formality once your good reason is established, since that's the only difference in requirements.
    As it is, I did exactly this in 2013. I'd have had my FAC granted in 3 days - if I'd been at home to answer the door when the FEO tried to drop it off. As it was, it took 7 days, until the following week, for it to come through the post, as I'd not been able to make an arrangement to pick it up sooner.
    Good luck with the application.
    Freedom is having the right to offend and be offended; politeness is temporarily eschewing that right in respect of others; maturity is understanding the compromise and applying it.

I guess location plays a key roll, I live in Staffordshire and my SGC grant took little over two months to get which astonished me. Building a good relationship with the firearms licensing team will probably go along way too, just out of interest what region are you situated in because a week or so is very quick. Did you not need a interview with the FAO?

Quote Originally Posted by YoungishShooter View Post
    I guess location plays a key roll, I live in Staffordshire and my SGC grant took little over two months to get which astonished me. Building a good relationship with the firearms licensing team will probably go along way too, just out of interest what region are you situated in because a week or so is very quick. Did you not need a interview with the FAO?
    If memory serves, yes - it was two days after the application went in - the day before the FEO tried to drop off the ticket. I'd been in contact with the licensing manager previously, before the application, to ask what they needed to see to make it a quick turnaround. He told me, I sent it all in and they turned it round very, very fast. All credit to them. This was Cambridgeshire, before they merged with Beds / Herts. I've not had any contact with them since, except to send in notifications.
    Freedom is having the right to offend and be offended; politeness is temporarily eschewing that right in respect of others; maturity is understanding the compromise and applying it.

It can also take six months to get a FAC despite already having a SGC. And that's for a straight forward application, the problem being the farce involved was North Yorkshire...