Filling out my application

Hi all, quick intro.
    Went for a quick 30 shots as part of a deal, really enjoyed it so did another 50 then another 50 so that's 130 within 5 weeks, fair to say I'm hooked, spoke to instructors at the last two shoots and they said aim is good timings is not! I like the honesty. So now I need to get my licence. Downloaded the form with Staffordshire police but it asks for ALL offences including all speeding. Now I've been a good boy for most my life (47) but did a bit of speeding back in the day and had two SP30s the last one was over 12 years ago but because I no longer have a paper licence and I've moved a few time I can't remember for the life of me the dates or years of the convictions. I've emailed staffs police but they have not got back to me. Can any of you please help. I really want to get on the road to this sport.
    Thanks for reading this.
    Steve.

Hi,
    Just put "sp30 approx 1990's"

I had two sp30s in the 1980s and one in the 1990s, and I've no idea of the dates or even the years. I just put down "approx", and I've never had any problem on renewals.
    Technical Editor, Sporting Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Mike George View Post
    I had two sp30s in the 1980s and one in the 1990s, and I've no idea of the dates or even the years. I just put down "approx", and I've never had any problem on renewals.
    Thanks for that. I'll do it as you say. Fingers crossed. South staffs police still haven't got in touch. Hope this isn't a look into the future of my application.

Thanks.

Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewan154 View Post
    Hi,
    Just put "sp30 approx 1990's"
    Do this, just make sure your honest with anything else in your past. If all you have is SP30's you'll have zero problems. Issues arise when other more important parts of your past are not declared.

Good luck and welcome aboard

Good luck with your application. Staffs police are taking around 3 months at the moment so you should have it for the summer.

Thanks for the info. I've got only driving offences sp30s and cd10s.
    I've got the gun cabinet just got to get photos done then wait for however long it takes. In the mean time get some more shooting days in.

Quote Originally Posted by Onethumb View Post
    Hi all, quick intro.
    Went for a quick 30 shots as part of a deal, really enjoyed it so did another 50 then another 50 so that's 130 within 5 weeks, fair to say I'm hooked, spoke to instructors at the last two shoots and they said aim is good timings is not! I like the honesty. So now I need to get my licence. Downloaded the form with Staffordshire police but it asks for ALL offences including all speeding. Now I've been a good boy for most my life (47) but did a bit of speeding back in the day and had two SP30s the last one was over 12 years ago but because I no longer have a paper licence and I've moved a few time I can't remember for the life of me the dates or years of the convictions. I've emailed staffs police but they have not got back to me. Can any of you please help. I really want to get on the road to this sport.
    Thanks for reading this.
    Steve.

Just put down I have a couple of speeding conviction from years ago if you can remember a year put that down if not put down between 1990 and 1995 for example. I couldn't remember a couple of mine just put down approx 2003 to 2005 and had no problems at all. Only one he asked about was the latest in 2011.

Thanks for the info. I sent my application in with all that they ask for on Tuesday this week so now the waiting begins.
    I'm reading as much as I can do that I'll be armed with as much info as possible before I buy my fist gun. Any reading that a fist time novice like me should read, any recommendations for gun shop/people in the wolves area.
    Thanks for any info.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Onethumb View Post
    Thanks for the info. I sent my application in with all that they ask for on Tuesday this week so now the waiting begins.
    I'm reading as much as I can do that I'll be armed with as much info as possible before I buy my fist gun. Any reading that a fist time novice like me should read, any recommendations for gun shop/people in the wolves area.
    Thanks for any info.
    Steve
    Read the Basc rules mate although I read them all in preparation and wasn't asked any of them lol.