Thread: 1st gun

1st gun

Looking at buying my first gun,

Looking into a few options anybody got any good/bad points on Lincoln or Lanbar guns ?

Lanber guns have a good reputation, they are no longer made though the last I heard GMK had plenty of spares for them, don't know about the lincoln guns.
    Can't beat having a day out shooting clays.

Young Shot
    Hi there, I purchased a Lanber sporting deluxe with 30" barrels, and have never regretted it. Although no longer produced, there are plenty about on the second hand market, so you should be able to get a good deal. Also the former importer GMK have plenty of spares. I use mine both for pigeon and clays, and it performs really well. If you intend to use it for driven game days, you might find it a bit heavy to carry about all day.It's well made, robust' and will give you great service. Dont forget to make sure that the gun fits correctly, and it feels "right". If you can get the chance to fire one before you buy, then even better. Regards, Mick.

The Lanber is a much better gun than the Lincoln
    Technical Editor, Sporting Gun

I prefer the Lanber sporter if its been well looked after, though the Lincoln isn't a bad gun but is a little over priced really.
    The Original Shootinguk Moderator.
    Resident Coach on Shootinguk.
    Association of Professional Shooting Instructors. (A.P.S.I.)
    C.P.S.A Safety Officer.
    B.A.S.C

No knowledge or experience of Lincoln, but I got a Lanber and it cannot be faulted. Very well built reliable gun that should last a lifetime, plus I could shoot straight with it!

There are certain types who would look down on that kind of gun (not the kind of people I would care about, personally) but it'll do the job perfectly. The important thing, as with any gun, is that it fits you well.

Administrator
    Hello there, Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 13.35.32.png

You might find it useful to read our review of the Lanber Sporter here http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/reviews/...shotgun-review

Review of the second-hand Lanber Sporter here htt
    p://www.shootinguk.co.uk/reviews/shotgun/secondhand-gun-review-lanber-sporter

Hope that helps and let us know what you decided to get!