Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello

That's often the way with instructors and coaches. Some you can click with straight away and some it's just impossible no matter how hard you try.
    Generally it's the more experienced ones that are down to earth and relaxed themselves you will get on with as they have done it and seen it all before and they know how to put you at ease.
    The Original Shootinguk Moderator.
    Resident Coach on Shootinguk.
    Association of Professional Shooting Instructors. (A.P.S.I.)
    C.P.S.A Safety Officer.
    B.A.S.C

Beginner
    Hampshire have surprised me! Home visit this week! That's only 6 weeks since they received my application, not complaining but from what I've been told, by gun shops and the club It would be months!
    Will have to get some chocolate biscuits in!! Cheers Chris
    Last edited by Chris-m; 03-Apr-2017 at 08:41 PM.

Beginner
    Had the home visit today he was pleased with the gun cabinet and the installation, spent about 1 1/2 hours talking and going through my application, he's formally said my application has been approved by the police so will have to wait now for my certificate? he came across as very professional and knowledgeable, I just tried to be my normal self! All in all not that bad experience! Perhaps I was lucky? Cheers Chris

Be interested to know how long they take to send it out. I had my Hampshire FEO visit last Tuesday (application sent early Feb) so everyday I'm eagerly checking the post for news.

Beginner
    Well good news my certificate arrived on Saturday 15 thApril so really please took about 8 weeks in total!
    Well done Hampshire!

That's good going Chris. I've heard similar lately from a couple of other Hampshire shooters that theirs were quite quick on the whole as well.
    The Original Shootinguk Moderator.
    Resident Coach on Shootinguk.
    Association of Professional Shooting Instructors. (A.P.S.I.)
    C.P.S.A Safety Officer.
    B.A.S.C

Beginner
    Hello all, just a quick update, still getting lessons with the club I joined, fareham, they sign you off as you go through the have a go stand, then to the have a go stand plus which is harder! Nearly at the end of that one now.
    Getting used to different instructors and guns! Still prefer the Browning 525 at the moment but it's early days still, been invited by a couple of friends to go to there sites but waiting at the moment till I am comfortable, safe and not going to make a fool of myself!
    The good bits are i really look forward to going, this weekend is the next time, hoping to get signed off the have a go stand plus, then I think we go to a 50 bird sporting again with a experienced member. Will try and update you with my progress, keeps this site active as well! Regards Chris