Thread: How many guns.

Beginner

How many guns.

I have a sporting agreement for land we shoot.
    The tenant farmer is new to the land also the land has just been bought.
    I was shooting on the land before the new tenant and before the land was sold.
    The farmer started putting guns on 1 or 2 then these guns started bringing who ever on then they started bringing whoever on etc.

I have just signed a new agreement with the landowners agent, I have spoken with the tenant farmer and told them I have the shooting.
    He replied I have a couple of shooters on the rape.
    I don't mind a couple as long as its not 18-20 shoooters plus hawks.
    I'm under the impression the farmer is aloud 1 named gun and any employee?
    Don't want to fall out with farmer but he give the impression I'm the lord of the manner and I will do what I want.

Don't want to contact agent and bring them into it and seem like a grass or a whinge, but we have paid for shooting, so I might have to.

Any advise would be appreciated.

In the first instance, contact BASC.
    They may have a view on the matter, they may not. Some folk here think they're useless, others don't.
    Either way though, they will know solicitors specializing in firearms law and that is the kind of person you need.
    Since you have a formal agreement, it's likely to have legal force and protect you from undue interference. If it doesn't, you have nowhere to go, but you need a solicitor to help you determine that. The new landowner should also be aware of it, since he will have had to have known whether the land came with the sporting rights (in which the previous owner has probably pulled the rug out from under you) or whether it didn't, in which you have a case to pursue.
    So basically, take legal advice.
    You may wish to speak to the landowner's agent, if only to inform him that you're looking into the matter. If you get anything other than polite helpfulness in response, note it down - it will help your case.
    Good luck.
    Freedom is having the right to offend and be offended; politeness is temporarily eschewing that right in respect of others; maturity is understanding the compromise and applying it.

Beginner
    Cheers for your advise,