Thread: Winchester sx4

Winchester sx4

Afternoon all, just bought an sx4, I've noticed that the fired cartridges have a small dent in the primer, Just below the normal strike from the fireing pin. It's my first semi auto, so not sure if this is normal or not. Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Ascott View Post
    Afternoon all, just bought an sx4, I've noticed that the fired cartridges have a small dent in the primer, Just below the normal strike from the fireing pin. It's my first semi auto, so not sure if this is normal or not. Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance
    Have you been able to remove the bolt and carriage to see if there are any defects on the surface of the pin? This could just be a double impression rather than a defect, but it would be worth a check. After that, if you think it's a serious defect, the attentions of a gunsmith might be warranted - if only for peace of mind. For my part, if it's not bursting primers or obviously damaging the cartridges (or you), I'd watch and wait.
    Freedom is having the right to offend and be offended; politeness is temporarily eschewing that right in respect of others; maturity is understanding the compromise and applying it.

That's not normal at all.
    I'd get it back to the gun shop and have it done under warranty a bit smartish before it develops into something worse.
    The Original Shootinguk Moderator.
    Resident Coach on Shootinguk.
    Association of Professional Shooting Instructors. (A.P.S.I.)
    C.P.S.A Safety Officer.
    B.A.S.C