Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much ??????

Guys i'm not bothered by having to pay for it just the high price for what the doctor said will be an extremely short report as he said I was one of the most sane people he's ever met (the nutter ) and the sport needs people like me.
    He said it's the surgeries standard fee whether a long 4 x page report or a two lines report. Seems like profiteering to me. I wouldn't pay a mechanic 85 to change my windscreen wiper, a clutch maybe.
    Last edited by ROBERT6500; 05-Oct-2017 at 01:40 PM.
    The Original Shootinguk Moderator.
    Resident Coach on Shootinguk.
    Association of Professional Shooting Instructors. (A.P.S.I.)
    C.P.S.A Safety Officer.
    B.A.S.C

Maybe I'm lucky, but I have never been charged for a medical report, including at the last renewal two years ago when I had to report having had a stroke. And this is Scotland, where we're supposed to be mean!
    Technical Editor, Sporting Gun

This is the very first time i've ever been asked to supply one Mike but i'm told they do it as standard practice to everyone in their area these days.
    Last edited by ROBERT6500; 17-Oct-2017 at 12:02 PM.
    C.P.S.A Safety Officer.
    B.A.S.C

I been charged 20 for the Doctor to filling my Home Officer explosive precursor license. But now because of the bombings and acid attacks I can't find anyone willing countersign my new license. they already know my Identification so why need it again on renewal.
    R&D is fun :) BULLSEYE

Lol The government will ban gun slings and holster from the public to prevent criminals from carrying guns...

/>  フ
         |  _  _ l
         /` ミ_xノ
         /      |
        /  ヽ   ノ
        │  | | |
     / ̄|   | | |
     | ( ̄ヽ__ヽ_)__)
     \二 Meow Musky

UPDATE:
    Well my SGC is up today and no sign of it.
    I phoned them last week and they said it went out last thursday so I am covered but where the hell is it ?
    I know the post around here is diabolical these days as everyone is receiving each others mail for some reason. Don't the postmen ever look at the name and the house number and put two and two together ?
    Anyway, I phoned again today and they have noted it on the system and I have also sent an email about its non arrival as they requested. They are now going to send me another one asap.
    Why don't they send such a document recorded delivery or registered post or something ? It just doesn't make sense.
    C.P.S.A Safety Officer.
    B.A.S.C

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT6500 View Post
    UPDATE:
    Well my SGC is up today and no sign of it.
    I phoned them last week and they said it went out last thursday so I am covered but where the hell is it ?
    I know the post around here is diabolical these days as everyone is receiving each others mail for some reason. Don't the postmen ever look at the name and the house number and put two and two together ?
    Anyway, I phoned again today and they have noted it on the system and I have also sent an email about its non arrival as they requested. They are now going to send me another one asap.
    Why don't they send such a document recorded delivery or registered post or something ? It just doesn't make sense.
    post here.
    1st class 3-5 days.
    2nd class 5-10 days.

24 hour parcel =3 days.
    48 hour = whenever (tracked and sat in a warehouse for a bit)

My renewal is due March next year.
    Usually the reminder/form would be here now.

I've had 2 9mm air rifle barrel blanks imported from Netherlands within 48hours and all cleared through uk customs in a day. yet royal mail takes forever, I sure mail is moved around by horseback and steam trains.

My EPP license was 2nd post I think it took week and a half,when they e-mail me saying its been granted, after I sent them a letter why is it taken 9 months from start to finish. so I lost a year off the ticket.
    R&D is fun :) BULLSEYE

Lol The government will ban gun slings and holster from the public to prevent criminals from carrying guns...

/>  フ
         |  _  _ l
         /` ミ_xノ
         /      |
        /  ヽ   ノ
        │  | | |
     / ̄|   | | |
     | ( ̄ヽ__ヽ_)__)
     \二 Meow Musky

I'm amazed that the postal service is so bad in England, because here in North-eastern Scotland it is the only reliable delivery service. Envelopes and small parcels posted first class almost anywhere in the UK arrive next day, and second class within two. Perhaps it's because mail for this part of the UK is flown from England - I think Birmingham.
    At the moment MPs and MSPs of all parties are kicking up a fuss over companies which hugely over-charge for deliveries to the far north and the islands. Not that long ago my wife and I tried to order an item costing 29 on line, and we were told carriage would be 32. Thats not unusual by any means.
    But, back to the original theme - and I have never had a certificate delivered registered or recorded delivery, and that is in 60 years of shooting.
    Technical Editor, Sporting Gun