Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One eye or two?

The Easyhit beads don't actually work for everyone but they can work well for many, so is well worth a try. It shouldn't take your eye off the bird if you do it right. Some people just cant manage it though so it ruins what the easyhit is designed to do.
    The fact is though, if you don't concentrate the whole time about the whole thing, your still only going to hit a few.
    The Original Shootinguk Moderator.
    Shootinguk.co.uk Resident Coach.
    Head Coach at Wylye Valley, Wiltshire.
    Coaches at Owls Lodge, Hampshire.
    Coach at Braces of Bristol.
    Coach at Brookbank, Cheddar.
    Coach at Podimore.
    Coaches at Ian Coley, Gloucestershire.
    Coaches for Abbey Burton.
    Association of Professional Shooting Instructors. (A.P.S.I.)
    C.P.S.A Safety Officer.

Beginner
    being new to shooting im finding it a major learning curve with the eye dominance problem , from carrying out online guides to find out which i am i found im a left eye dominant but im a right hander( but still going to confim this via a proper eye test ). From looking at may web sites there is no definate answer to this problem but they all seem to have the same approach as in learn to shoot from your dominant side ( which aint easy ) or try to blank the dominant eye with tape or grease on the lens of your glasses or go all out and get your shooter customized to fit which is not cheap. i think the best answer would be is get a pro's help/coachin and confirming which eye your are dominant with an eye test , which ive read also tests for early signs of diease you might not known you have .

Have the eye test done by a sports Optomitrist as they understand about the sighting needed by shooting a shot gun. Many ordinary Optitions do not.
    If your left eye dominant and you have just started back shooting after a long lay off start shooting from the left shoulder. I promise that if you practice dry mounting at home a few times a week for 10/15 minutes, within a month it will feel perfectly natural doing it. You can also shoot with both eyes open which is best in the long run.You'll need to set the Cynergy B.I. for a left hander though.
    Last edited by ROBERT6500; 20-Apr-2012 at 07:49 PM.
    The Original Shootinguk Moderator.
    Shootinguk.co.uk Resident Coach.
    Head Coach at Wylye Valley, Wiltshire.
    Coaches at Owls Lodge, Hampshire.
    Coach at Braces of Bristol.
    Coach at Brookbank, Cheddar.
    Coach at Podimore.
    Coaches at Ian Coley, Gloucestershire.
    Coaches for Abbey Burton.
    Association of Professional Shooting Instructors. (A.P.S.I.)
    C.P.S.A Safety Officer.

Beginner
    Ho Coalman

Eight so far