Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    What a cracking post there from Miss-fire.
    I could not agree more as I've been saying on here since the beginning.
    One little thing about the the "Spot-on" type shooting aids for your glasses though.
    Firstly, they have to be put on the lens in the exact correct spot to work.
    Secondly, The glasses must never be able to even remotely move about your face/nose as it will ruin what they are suppose to do.
    Thirdly, on some types of targets where you have to twist at serious angles as in FITASC/Sporting/Game shooting it's actually possible and in fact quite common to be able to see around the spot, which of course again ruins the desired effect.
    They are very good for Trap and Skeet targets though if you get your feet position correct as there's very little head movement, which you should of course do in any shooting discipline.
    The final thing is of course that the spot can often drive you nuts when you're not actually shooting, between stands for instance.
    Personally I only ever recommend them if you are a shooter that can't actually squint or even shut the offending eye. You'd be surprised how many of those there are around, particularly women. Both eyes have to shut or both stay open.
    I myself have middle/central vision so I just dim/squint my left eye a little. That way I can still see with both eyes to judge speed, angle, depth etc but it makes me right eye dominant so works perfectly.
    The Original Shootinguk Moderator.
    Resident Coach on Shootinguk.
    Association of Professional Shooting Instructors. (A.P.S.I.)
    C.P.S.A Safety Officer.
    B.A.S.C

Young Shot
    The state of confusion, also known as Oklahoma, USA
    One of the most consistent shooters I know is a gal. While she has shot on and off all of her life she really got back into after marrying a good friend of mine a quarter of a century ago, that is when I "Kate".
    Kate took to shooting like a Labrador to water and with in a few years held the position of Secretary of our gun club and "Marshall" of the local SASS group. In handguns and rifles Kate is like most of the "Gun Nuts" around here and likes a diverse collection in caliber and style.
    But when it comes to shotguns she's a 12 gauge lady. Every scatter gun she owns and she has a few, is a 12 gauge. Her passion was/is Cowboy Action Shooting so SXSs have a strong presence in her locker followed by Winchester 1897 pump actions and actual Winchester 1887 in 12 gauge, bored out chamber to accept 2 3/4 inch low brass shells. In every case she's had a bit of stock work done on her long guns so that they fit her better. In the cases of the really old guns this has resulted in custom made but stocks, in order to preserve the 100+ year old original wood. When asked why she shot 12 gauges and not smaller bores her answer was: "Heaviest gun with the lightest load is always the most comfortable to shoot."

Beginner
    Thanks for all the positive reactions to my post, I hope some ladies out there will find my personal experinces useful.

Thanks to Robert for the advice about eye definition, I will give that a try next time I go shooting.

It would be nice to hear from some of the ladies replying to this post as to how they are getting on these days.
    The Original Shootinguk Moderator.
    Resident Coach on Shootinguk.
    Association of Professional Shooting Instructors. (A.P.S.I.)
    C.P.S.A Safety Officer.
    B.A.S.C