Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SaskMick View Post
    If I lived in the UK I would buy a BSA ultra. Some are way over the power limit, here's a great tutorial on how to de tune them LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/ edited to remove full link
    Can I point out that this is highly illegal in the UK without an FAC with appropriate slot on it!
    Last edited by BerettaSV10; 18-Apr-2012 at 05:42 PM.
    NOBs
    BASC
    Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon

Beginner
    weihrauch hw35 in .22, perfect for the bunnies its a tad heavy but you soon get used to it. i usually sit in cover and wait for a 1o minutes and they start appearing 1 after the other.. great and the air rifle gives a nice clean kill

Young Shot
    I'm looking at getting an air rifle for some silent bunny control, years ago I had a webley tracker and did alright with that. Not sure whether to get .22 or .177 gas or lever job. What are the pros and cons of gas ? Will stick to BSA or Weihrauch I think.

The cons of gas, are you need a divers bottle or pump to charge the air tank on the gun, so can add a couple of hundred pounds onto the cost of the gun, unless you are in the right place at the right time to get a second hand tank & filler.
    I bought the HW100KS (need to get out and use it) as from a lot of feed back its one of the ones thats always gets the good reports along with the air arms range.
    Can't beat having a day out shooting clays.

Young Shot
    After much thought I think I might go for the HW100, went out with a gas Logun last night and was well impressed with gas. My mate brought a scope light Tracer pin point. I shot a rabbit and watched the pellet through the scopes fly through the air and hit the rabbit, well impressive. Going to get a pin point light too. The Mrs said I can sell her Bettensolli silver line which she never uses to fund it, great stuff. Just got to sell that now and I'm part way there. I brought it her and its only done around a thousand, she doesn't get time to come out.

Young Shot

Weihrauch hw100 vs bsa r10

Had a chat with a shooter today, said the HW100 was pants, recommended the BSA R10. What do we all think? It's a lot of money to spend either way so I want to get it right first time.

The one what you may call a disadvantage of the HW100 is the guns weight as its a heavy gun, the karbine verssion of the HW1000 with the shorter barrel is probally the better HW100 to go for.
    One advantage of the HW is that the power curve is regulated so that it delivers the same output through out its air fill level, whare some others have a more of a sweeet spot at a certain air bottle pressure.
    If you want to add a sling or bipod one of the mounting screws can be removed and replaced by special screw that has the bipod / sling mounting as part of it, just leaving the stock to be drilled if you want to add the sling.
    I think there are 2 versions of the R10 one being better than the other, have a look on Pigeon Watch as this has been brought up a few times, of which pcp is best. usually come up hw100, air arms s410, one of the draystates and the R10.
    Wish I could tell you what the HW100 is like but due to illness not been able to get out to use mine

Young Shot
    Sorry to hear your ill. Read 42 reviews of R10 last night, mk 2 irons out a lot of problems but after reading all I won't be having one of them. HW100 still the one I'll probably go for.

If you go for the HW try holding one for a while due to the weight of it, that seams to be the biggest comit about them.

Young Shot
    Weight shouldn't be an issue, used to carrying SA80 once upon a time. Will be going for a carbine that's for sure. Just got to find some hard earned cash' going to buy scopes and Tracer pin point lamp at same time so should get a good deal.