Beginner

English springer pups wanted

Hi
    I am looking for two springer pups with docked tails. If any one has any for sale or knows someone who has please let me know. I stay in scotland but am looking to buy in england so the pups can be docked. Preferibly near the borders but any distance considered. Thanks

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by abe.daly View Post
    KEV83 docking is now illegal and so it should be.
    Like I said,you really don't have a clue.They say ignorance is bliss....you must be ecstatic.

It's not illegal. Though I can think of a few things that are that should change
    [url="http://www.gloucestershirewildfowlers.co.uk/index.html"]http://www.gloucestershirewildfowlers.co.uk/index.html[/url]

Beginner
    Illegal in Scotland, but not in the England, so long as its carried out by a qualified vet within two to three days of birth of the pups. Many vets are reluctant to do it. I also belive (though I may be wrong on this) that the dog has to be bred for working and is intended for the field. So show spaniels cant be docked.

Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by fredericknodder View Post
    Docking is cruel
    What's more crul, docking or working the dog with a tail, the tail gets damaged and then goes through months of having to get the tail to heal and then amputated anyway!

You say docking is crul, thats easy to say, now explain why!

Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by fredericknodder View Post
    They dock the tails of none working dogs too such as boxers which are only bred to be pets, as a matter of interest what was a boxers purpose when they first started to breed them.
    Your right, they do, but this post/forum, isnt about non working dogs, its about working dogs, so if you have a gripe about non working dogs being docked, then your on the wrong forum!

spaniel pups

Quote Originally Posted by kev83 View Post
    Hi
    I am looking for two springer pups with docked tails. If any one has any for sale or knows someone who has please let me know. I stay in scotland but am looking to buy in england so the pups can be docked. Preferibly near the borders but any distance considered. Thanks
    ive got three boys left, all kc reg, vet docked tails and dew clawed, from working parents, email me on kym82@gmail for more info, or with your contact details so i can ring you, cheers

Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by kym82 View Post
    ive got three boys left, all kc reg, vet docked tails and dew clawed, from working parents, email me on kym82@gmail for more info, or with your contact details so i can ring you, cheers
    Hi Kym, think you maybe a bit late with this post as the origional post was dated Feb 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by ddrew View Post
    Hi Kym, think you maybe a bit late with this post as the origional post was dated Feb 2012!
    whoops really sorry guys, really new to this lark and never even thought to look at the date!