Thread: Eye Contact

Beginner

Eye Contact

Pippa is my 15 month old lab.retvr.. She is doing quite well with her training BUT one thing she will not do ( yet ) is look at me.

Any tips / advice grateful

Mitch ( British West Hartlepool )

Beginner
    That is what I like about my cats they always look me straight in the eye and they are more inquisitive than dogs and in my opinion more intelligent as they will not be told what to do. One of my cats will jump on my knee while I am watching television and snuggle up but if I pick her up she will squeal and jump straight down again, you see she likes to make up her own mind.

Banned
    What exactly do you mean she will not look at you, she does not look at you when she is working or what ?

Do you keep her in the house, or in a kennel ? I would guess house. Tell us about her life please.

If she is not looking to you for instructions then do nothing with her until this is sorted out, better to not go forward than to go backwards. But I'm jumping the gun Need more info!
    Last edited by SaskMick; 03-Apr-2012 at 04:01 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by galviniian View Post
    That is what I like about my cats they always look me straight in the eye and they are more inquisitive than dogs and in my opinion more intelligent as they will not be told what to do. One of my cats will jump on my knee while I am watching television and snuggle up but if I pick her up she will squeal and jump straight down again, you see she likes to make up her own mind.
    A dog is a mans best friend. A cat is a parasite.

Beginner
    Don't make eye contact. Look just over the top of her head.

Quote Originally Posted by galviniian View Post
    What's her retrieving like?
    [url="http://www.gloucestershirewildfowlers.co.uk/index.html"]http://www.gloucestershirewildfowlers.co.uk/index.html[/url]