Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLSEYE View Post
    ?? where your from?

I am in two minds of buying one! it has a nice wooden fore end & stock the draw pull is 150LB, arrow speed of 200fps i7inch arrow, come with telescopic sight and laser pointer too and can order broadheads too all this is delivered to my door! I did want an sound mod for my smooth-bore .22 air pistol but I been told I have to collect it personally?

but this is just used for target shooting! as hunting is illegal with a crossbow! I don't see the point in banning a high powered crossbows. I would like a seige crossbow of 400lb but thats on wheels
    Just because it is illegal to use a cross bow for hunting doesn't mean people won't and do. Only a month or two ago, two people (they were Polish) were arrested for shooting Swans with a cross bow. Now don't get me wrong most of you know me and I would not associate this with any thing to do with gun owners but the ONE show/Daily Mail for example would be very quick to link the two.

I am not saying that they or air guns should be licensed nor that such a measure will stop the UK vast population of ideots from shooting someone with such a weapon but if they did then they would be an illegal gun owner and therefor have a disassociation to us legal owners which I would be happy with. Some of the people I have hear who as mentioned have an "old air riffle" under their bed half of them I would trust with a pen, not that they would be able to use one all by them self. To think they can walk into a shop and buy a 150lb+ cross bow is a bit worrying for me and the local cat.

Just taking a different view on things you know I like debate and obviously I have ignored the bureaucracy that will go with the new law.
    Last edited by richie244; 12-Apr-2012 at 06:26 AM.
    Time flies when drinkin RUM
    Browning 425 sporter
    Arms History:- BSA Meteor, Webley, 410 folding s/s, Baikal S/S, Lanber O/U, .22 BSA Tgt rifle, .303 Tgt rifle, 5.56 rifle, GPMG, Phalanx, 4.5" Gun,

Quote Originally Posted by Allrightscud View Post
    Depending on the law and the offence committed for not having it registered the majority of FAC SGC holders are going to have to comply. Who would risk their current certs and ownership of guns just to avoid the registration of a air rifle.
    Again its only the current law abiding citizens which will comply. If your of the mentallity that shooting an air rifle at a person is OK your not of the mentality to register and pay for a air rifle licence. Also will it be riflles or pistols as well.
    Agreed, you Register of an air rifle anyway at an RFD! I had to have my name & address recorded for a bleedy .177 GAT gun, and a smoothbore .22 air pistol?!

I would say only air rifle be licensed for the monent? but then this government will rule air pistols are very dangerous because they can be concealed?

but they may make a law" it be illegal to shorten an air rifle to an air pistol"? its already illegal to make an air rifle because of the VCR act????? a slippery slope to total gun control... but all the criminals are armed with an mac 10 and glocks.... logic is!
    If you can't buy one, nor import one, then your only option is to manufacturer one! :) BULLSEYE

Paragliding training soon! :D :) lets hope the weather holds!

:)
    ())
    (**)
    (")(")

Quote Originally Posted by richie244 View Post
    Just because it is illegal to use a cross bow for hunting doesn't mean people won't and do. Only a month or two ago, two people (they were Polish) were arrested for shooting Swans with a cross bow. Now don't get me wrong most of you know me and I would not associate this with any thing to do with gun owners but the ONE show/Daily Mail for example would be very quick to link the two.

I am not saying that they or air guns should be licensed nor that such a measure will stop the UK vast population of ideots from shooting someone with such a weapon but if they did then they would be an illegal gun owner and therefor have a disassociation to us legal owners which I would be happy with. Some of the people I have hear who as mentioned have an "old air riffle" under their bed half of them I would trust with a pen, not that they would be able to use one all by them self. To think they can walk into a shop and buy a 150lb+ cross bow is a bit worrying for me and the local cat.

Just taking a different view on things you know I like debate and obviously I have ignored the bureaucracy that will go with the new law.
    Me too I personally won't like to "associate" to "someone elses doing", I don't wish to be dragged into the problem by the radio/new etc to become part of it!

but the fact why is gun crime so high... and why is it rising?

drugs is one fact

gangs/crews are the second

society/newpapers can be the other causes too!

justice system

I would say anyone involved with drugs etc with firearms should face a more heavier sentence! not your 3 years for a handgun & 12months on top for drugs!

But the police are too scared to do anything, thats why the prey on us because we easy targets!
    If you can't buy one, nor import one, then your only option is to manufacturer one! :) BULLSEYE

Paragliding training soon! :D :) lets hope the weather holds!

:)
    ())
    (**)
    (")(")

The gun crime rate in the UK is actually one of the lowest in the world with only a few % being cause by legal gun owners which is testament to the gun laws in this country and a good weapon to use in the argument against further restrictions. I don't believe air rifles or cross bows are included in these figures how ever.
    Time flies when drinkin RUM
    Browning 425 sporter
    Arms History:- BSA Meteor, Webley, 410 folding s/s, Baikal S/S, Lanber O/U, .22 BSA Tgt rifle, .303 Tgt rifle, 5.56 rifle, GPMG, Phalanx, 4.5" Gun,

Veteran
    I doubt if crossbows are included in firearms crime incidence statistics,but if the police are called to any incidence where a gun has been reported,whether said firearm is found or not,it is logged as a firearm incidence.
    Police authorities do not distinguish between real/deactivated/replicas or toys when compiling their lists of surrendered arms at times of armistices or raids on properties either.
    Just recently a local dickhead claimed his windows were shot at by someone.Police enquiries revealed he had bought an air-rifle for a fiver from someone in his local pub and in a drunken state(his preferred condition)one night had sat in his own garden and plinked at his own house.
    It was reported as a firearms incidence.