Thread: What to do ???

Question What to do ???

Due to a change in circumstances, I now havw a possable surplus to requirments SP1 sporter as I have 2 sporting guns.
    I suppose I could sell it to raise some cash for other goodies. I have my main sporter which in no way am I selling along with the faithful s/a.
    One of the other posaable (maybe daft) ideas is to trade it in for a 686E trap as spotted one that is going for a good price (as new) (not yet tried it) as was thinking of trying this line of shooting, with a freind.
    This would then give me a range guns to cover most aspects of the sport. Talked things through with the gun shop with several ideas and was talked out of them as with what I had was good enough and handled perfectily for what I needed for sporting / skeet and game. I dd forget to mention the trap side of shooting so this idea was not discussed.
    Decisions, decesions on whats the best option, keep the SP1, sell it (which is as new condition), trade it for the trap (as long as fits like other 686's I have used.
    The question is as well how much different is the 686E trap compared to the 686 E / SP1 sporters and is it worth trading in? The one differeance I know between the 2 is the SP1 is m/c while the 686 trap is fixed chokes at 3/4 and full.
    Last edited by BerettaSV10; 12-Apr-2012 at 06:52 PM.
    Can't beat having a day out shooting clays.

Young Shot
    Trade all of them for a DT11

Veteran
    Choose one gun and learn to shoot well with it..whatever the discipline.

Thanks both, those ideas had crossed my mind.
    Trading them all in for the DT11 but that will still leave me short on the on the price of the DT11
    The other of concentrating on one gun (the Benelli Crio s/a) is what I have been doing for since about last October and hit rate has steadily increased since then. Took the SP1 out this week and I would say I was crap (though not been out for a few weeks).
    Loooks like its going to be at this rate a SP1 for sale at the least.

Young Shot
    My reply was tongue in the cheek, Eddies solution is the best and sensible advice.
    I do go round with some guys who shoot sporting with a trap gun, and they dont miss much
    its all about knowing where the gun shoots, and sticking with it.

Quote Originally Posted by deafoldgit View Post
    My reply was tongue in the cheek,
    I guessed it was, just strange I had ran the idea through my head, until I looked at the price, It would of reduced my gun collection down to 1.

Difficult to shoot trap consistently with a sporter.
    Possible to shoot sporting quite well with a Trap gun if not too tight a choking.
    How ever it must fit well and you really need to know exactly where it puts it's lead/pattern.
    The Original Shootinguk Moderator.
    [url]www.Shootinguk.co.uk[/url] Resident Coach.
    Head Coach at Wylye Valley, Wiltshire.
    Coaches at Owls Lodge, Hampshire. (Richard Faulds's)
    Coach at Braces of Bristol.
    Coach at Brookbank, Cheddar.
    Coach at Podimore.
    Coaches at Ian Coley, Gloucestershire.
    Association of Professional Shooting Instructors. (A.P.S.I.)
    C.P.S.A Safety Officer.
    B.A.S.C.

The gun I have seen advertised is fixed choke at 3/4 and full. As to fit I hope it would be like other 686E's as they fit ok. If its like a 686S or 682 gold I tried it will be a no starter.
    As already mentioned here and other threads, the best option my be to stick with the one gun, like I have been doing for the past few months. Think the last time I tried trap I could not hit the barn door but that was some time ago when just starting to shoot.

I'm in a similar pickle! I have a 687 sporter and need an edge to really compete at DTL. The trap version will put its pattern higher than a traditional sporter for this very reason. It reduces the guess work by increasing the amount of hard focus (sorry Rob I'm stealing your tips) that you can do on the bird.

I'm looking at a DT 10 trap specifically for this reason!
    NOBs
    BASC
    Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon