Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ipcandrew

How to post on Shooting UK forums

To post on the Shooting UK Forums, you must first create an account – for free. See How to create an account on Shooting UK forums
    To make a new post:
    Make sure you're logged in. Then check that someone else hasn’t already answered an identical problem to yours using the Search link in the forum navigation (not the Search box at the top of the page)
    Then you must select the most suitable category and board for your post. This will give it a better chance of being answered.
    Select Topic Area (Category).
    Click on the board title from the main index page and click the Post button in the top-middle of the page. Depending on the forum version this may appear between the 2 main header bars and on the left hand side just above the bold text showing the topic area you are in and shown as + Post New Thread. (if replying to an existing thread it will show + Reply to Thread).
    Subject: Enter a subject for your post. Be descriptive NOT cryptic.
    Post icon: You can select a suitable icon to appear next to your post.
    Make post: Ignore this as HTML posting is disabled.
    Instant smileys: with your text cursor in your post you can add emoticons to your post by clicking one of the faces.
    Instant Mark-up:
    URL: Use this to add a web address to your post
    Email: You are advised not to add email addresses to posts
    Image: Add an image to a post. The image must be stored on a web server, not just on your computer.
    List Start: Create a list
    List End: End a list
    Bold: Create bold type
    Italics: Create italic type
    Underline: Underline text in your post
    Quote: Use this to highlight quoted text
    Code: Use this to add example HTML code
    Font Color: Change the colour of text in your post
    Add a poll to this post: Select the number of questions you’d like to ask, then once you’ve pressed Continue you’ll get further options for creating your poll.
    Add signature to this post: Your signature can be created in the User Options section, under Main Configuration > Personal Information
    Preview my Post: Tick this if you’d like a preview of your post before it goes live.
    Click Continue to proceed.
    To reply to an existing post:
    Make sure your reply is relevant to the post. Posting something off-topic is bad manners.
    Once you have selected a thread to reply to, select carefully which post in the thread you are replying to – is it the original post, or maybe one further down. Click the Reply button on the relevant post and follow the instructions above.
    You can also scroll down the page and use the Quick Reply feature.
    Last edited by BerettaSV10; 25-Apr-2013 at 10:02 AM. Reason: fixed line spacing

Re: How to post on Shooting UK forums

Could ALL new users/members please fill in your location area so we all have a little better understanding of who we are talking to and the type of problems you will get in your area/country.
    It also helps people in your area to help you and you can also make new friends to go shooting with.

Thanks guys/gals.

Rob. (Site Moderator)

How?

How? I keep trying? Cant make out how to?

On the top menu bar where it shows Welcome, "your log on id", notifications, my profile, settings, log out.
    Select settings, then on the left hand side there are several menu catorgories, my messages, my subscriptions, my settings.
    In the my settings section select Edit profile, Then in the central area you have more options,
    Registration Required Information, .Optional Information - All information will be viewable by other forum members, and Additional Information
    In the additional information section, you can add the following Biography: (about yourself), Location: (rough area you are in), Interests: (ie shooting), and Occupation: (job)
    Once you have filled in the bits you want to fill in click the save changes icon.
    Can't beat having a day out shooting clays.

No I don't think you are....unless I am as well.
    I think you have to try and log in first before it comes up.
    It's been such a long time since I've done it though as I never log off as it's much quicker and a more reliable way to get back on here.

HELP! Can some kind soul tell me how to post a picture on this forum?
    Technical Editor, Sporting Gun

Hi Mike, replying to a post or creating a new thread, click on the icon as shown in the pictures below. You will then see a pop up window (insert image) with 2 tabs shows "from computer" or "from URL".
    Select which option you need, from the computer click on the browse button and select the location of the picture on your PC. Double click on the picture and you will be returned to the option screen. Click on the "Upload file(s) " text and you will be returned to the post reply create box where you should see "
    ATTACH]289[/ATTACH" (left of the brackets to show what you should see. Carry on creating your post.
    Some pictures may have to be resized if to big which can be done via a picture editor like paint or on line apps.
    If using IE10 you may need to switch the browser to compatibility mode to upload a picture.
    If doing it from the web (URL) enter the web page address or have the web page open in another window and copy the address details then paste into the box and click ok.
    Desert.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BerettaSV10; 31-May-2013 at 09:03 AM.

Thanks, SV10 - I will try over the weekend. Bit too much for the ancient brain to master this week; I'm also trying to master a smart phone. Think I need a 10-year-old to help with such things!

Mike come back if you have problems, I am using IE10 at the moment and its causing me problems with the forum, I did expect the post to show the pictures not just the links that you have to click on.

Cheers, SV10! It seems to work, although, as you say, it gives a link rather than the picture. Anyway, I've learned something new today, and that can't be bad!