Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Beginner

Revo Shotguns are these anygood?

Hi all ive noticed that sportsmann gun centre are doing these for around £400 for a Brand new Game delux o/u they look ok to look at has anyone got any experience with these? Or am i better off saving a little longer and getting a new Franchi Alcione which i really do like

Thanks all
    Lewis

Purely out of interest, is this a replacement gun for your Benelli?
    I just bought a Browning Maxus - I was lucky as it turned out that the gun I wanted also fit me properly, but I'm not under any illusions that I'm going to have to shoot it for a good 6-12 months to shoot it as well as the Beretta Urika 2 that I've been learning on with my instructor for the past two years. Whilst I'm planning to buy a 28-bore (just because I want one - and hope to get out into the fields a bit with a light game gun), I wouldn't consider replacing the Maxus - even if I hadn't got on with it when I shot it for the first time last Sunday - for a good couple of years, by which time I could be reasonably sure that I wasn't getting on with it.
    Sorry to be blunt, but having seen your other threads here, if the gun fits and you aren't hitting things with it, it's not the gun - it's you.
    (I mean no offence - I simply agree with Rob etc who say you should stick with the semi.)
    Adam.
    The Adventures of Adam & Mabel: Hunting for ActualBambi™

Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by neutron619 View Post
    Purely out of interest, is this a replacement gun for your Benelli?
    I just bought a Browning Maxus - I was lucky as it turned out that the gun I wanted also fit me properly, but I'm not under any illusions that I'm going to have to shoot it for a good 6-12 months to shoot it as well as the Beretta Urika 2 that I've been learning on with my instructor for the past two years. Whilst I'm planning to buy a 28-bore (just because I want one - and hope to get out into the fields a bit with a light game gun), I wouldn't consider replacing the Maxus - even if I hadn't got on with it when I shot it for the first time last Sunday - for a good couple of years, by which time I could be reasonably sure that I wasn't getting on with it.
    Sorry to be blunt, but having seen your other threads here, if the gun fits and you aren't hitting things with it, it's not the gun - it's you.
    (I mean no offence - I simply agree with Rob etc who say you should stick with the semi.)
    Adam.
    Nope i love the benelli and its not going anywhere keeping it for rough shooting was just looking at o/u for the odd pigeon shoot + clays on the weekend. I have been looking at the franchi alcione £675 new really nice gun and feels nice too. Ive also used a bettinsoli but wernt to fussed on the feel of that gun.
    Its either a o/u or a weatherby SA08 Semi

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis2012 View Post
    Nope i love the benelli and its not going anywhere keeping it for rough shooting was just looking at o/u for the odd pigeon shoot + clays on the weekend. I have been looking at the franchi alcione £675 new really nice gun and feels nice too. Ive also used a bettinsoli but wernt to fussed on the feel of that gun.
    Its either a o/u or a weatherby SA08 Semi
    Understood - sorry if you felt I was unfair or jumped to conclusions - as I said - I mean no offence and I'm glad you're going to stick with the Benelli. I know people don't like them, but I'm definitely someone who appreciates the mechanical genius of a semi / pump (though I can appreciate the artistry of a fine O/U too).
    As it stands I'll buy an O/U sometime too, so I can appreciate your wanting one of those as well.
    Adam.
    The Adventures of Adam & Mabel: Hunting for ActualBambi™

Veteran
    Franchi are (or were) part of the Beretta stable and would definitely be the better option.My nephew had the 620 which is a 20 bore semi-auto(the 712 being the equivalent in 12 bore)which I regret selling;a great gun.He used it for clays and game.Franchi are a very underated shotgun in my experience.

Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Franchi are (or were) part of the Beretta stable and would definitely be the better option.My nephew had the 620 which is a 20 bore semi-auto(the 712 being the equivalent in 12 bore)which I regret selling;a great gun.He used it for clays and game.Franchi are a very underated shotgun in my experience.
    Agreed the new Frachi Alcione is a lovely gun has some nice engravings of game filled with gold colouring. Gun feels nice on the shoulder and very light too.

Have seen these Revo guns and am currently trying to get hold of one to review.
    For now though I would stay well away from them.
    Nothing wrong with the Franchi though.
    The Original Shootinguk Moderator.
    Shootinguk.co.uk Resident Coach.
    Head Coach at Wylye Valley, Wiltshire.
    Coaches at Owls Lodge, Hampshire.
    Coach at Braces of Bristol.
    Coach at Brookbank, Cheddar.
    Coach at Podimore.
    Coaches at Ian Coley, Gloucestershire.
    Coaches for Abbey Burton.
    Association of Professional Shooting Instructors. (A.P.S.I.)
    C.P.S.A Safety Officer.

Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT6500 View Post
    If you get hold of 1 let us all know rob

I will, as most likely do a review on it for Shootinguk.
    The Original Shootinguk Moderator.
    Shootinguk.co.uk Resident Coach.
    Head Coach at Wylye Valley, Wiltshire.
    Coaches at Owls Lodge, Hampshire.
    Coach at Braces of Bristol.
    Coach at Brookbank, Cheddar.
    Coach at Podimore.
    Coaches at Ian Coley, Gloucestershire.
    Coaches for Abbey Burton.
    Association of Professional Shooting Instructors. (A.P.S.I.)
    C.P.S.A Safety Officer.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT6500 View Post
    Have you managed to get hold of one of these for review yet? Is there any particular reason to stay away from these, or is it just because they're cheap and unknown?