Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Roll on

Young Shot
    Quote Originally Posted by Tideflight View Post
    Despite one or two chilly weeks the mallard appear to be breeding well round my neck of the woods. As seems to be the norm these days, the drakes outnumber the ducks by about 5:1. Any of you seeing the same?
    Anyone? Even if you don't shoot or even agree with shooting it surely must be a matter of common interest.

Young Shot
    So, not long to wait now until the 1st Sept. Who's planning to be out on the first morning?

Got to work that day, but I might manage the 2nd with a bit of luck!
    I shot precisely one wigeon last year - it was the only opportunity we had and I took it, much to the chagrin of my compatriots who had let 6 off between them and missed them all.
    It was all the sweeter then that it was 50 yards off when I thought "why not" and lo and behold, down it came. The dog had nothing to do when it got there, except pick it up and bring it back.
    That said, five years and still no goose. Perhaps this year's the year...
    Freedom is having the right to offend and be offended; politeness is temporarily eschewing that right in respect of others; maturity is understanding the compromise and applying it.

Corrr! I wish I was out on the first but i'll be out.
    And don't anyone start asking if that's "out" or "out out" either......
    The Original Shootinguk Moderator.
    Resident Coach on Shootinguk.
    Association of Professional Shooting Instructors. (A.P.S.I.)
    C.P.S.A Safety Officer.
    B.A.S.C

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT6500 View Post
    And don't anyone start asking if that's "out" or "out out" either......
    Or perhaps, outed?
    Freedom is having the right to offend and be offended; politeness is temporarily eschewing that right in respect of others; maturity is understanding the compromise and applying it.

Young Shot
    Good luck to both of you, whether you'll be 'out' or 'out out'! Neutron, I'd have thought you're in a good area, or not too far from one, for a crack at the geese. I know that the first one is often the most difficult one to get but you'll never forget it. Good luck.

Young Shot
    Well, I hope all you 'fowlers have had a great start to the season and have got over the shock of the alarm clock going off, seemingly just after bedtime! It looks like teal are about in good numbers. The good news is that my Icelandic grapevine tells me that the pinks have had a very good breeding season so we should be seeing good numbers here. Their migration will probably be later than usual as they are still up in the mountains in warmer than usual temperatures. Plenty to look forward to this season, then.

Administrator
    We've just published a load of new posts for wildfowlers over on the Shooting UK website. You can take a look here - everything from camouflage through to best places for fowlers in UK http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/shooting/wildfowling
    [URL="http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/shooting/wildfowling"]