Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss-fire View Post
    However the events I attended cost 39.50 each which I thought was pretty good considering everything was included. I definitely could not afford 500-1000 even as a one off never mind regularly.
    That sounds like a much more realistic figure, the likes of which my neighbour hasn't yet mentioned in my conversations with her... It is possible, I suppose, that she has been engaging in one-upmanship, or trying to "live up to" what she imagines my view of "affordable" shooting to be, without realizing that I operate on a much cheaper level than she does!
    In fact, that 39.50 attendance fee might realistically pay for all my cartridges for a couple of months, give me a decent day out in the field once a week during that time and indirectly provide a number of good meals! It's a question of priorities I guess - if I were a clay shooter that would be a morning's shooting.
    I completely agree with you regarding the local club. When I used to shoot clays, I enjoyed saying hello to the regulars (I was one myself for a bit) and catching up. Something different every now and again is nice, but I always felt more comfortable at my "home ground".
    Freedom is having the right to offend and be offended; politeness is temporarily eschewing that right in respect of others; maturity is understanding the compromise and applying it.

I too have to agree with the above comments. I have had a lot of ladies say to me that they don't want to shoot with either of those clubs as they would feel very uncomfortable due to the tweed and Range Rovers etc the clubs often seem to be associated with. There is unfortunately a reason for this which I can not possibly say as I have agreed not to with certain parties.
    However, fortunately there are a lot more smaller ladies clubs all around the country that are very inviting indeed to anyone that doesn't want to go down the "tweed" road shall we call it.
    The Original Shootinguk Moderator.
    Resident Coach on Shootinguk.
    Association of Professional Shooting Instructors. (A.P.S.I.)
    C.P.S.A Safety Officer.
    B.A.S.C

Beginner
    I think the good thing about these clubs is that they probably encourage a lot more ladies to try shooting. Many women feel more comfortable shooting around other women and some feel intimidated by blokes.
    Personally I like shooting with blokes and even prefer to sometimes. They are always very encouraging and supportive, they don't laugh when I miss and are great company.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss-fire View Post
    They are always very encouraging and supportive, they don't laugh when I miss and are great company.
    A positive review for the male sex! - a rare thing these days, some might think, but you can be assured that it's appreciated (and that we're glad that's been your experience).
    Freedom is having the right to offend and be offended; politeness is temporarily eschewing that right in respect of others; maturity is understanding the compromise and applying it.